Call for Nominations: AAAYA Distinguished Service Award
The AAAYA Distinguished Service Award is presented to recognize outstanding service to the Asian/Asian American and Yale communities. The award acknowledges excellence in leadership supporting Asian/Asian American awareness, and honors the contributions rendered by an individual related to the Yale community.
Nominees must possess a relationship to Yale (alumnus/a, current employee, emeritus employee, etc.) and demonstrate at least some of the following criteria:
- Significant ongoing contributions to the Asian/Asian American communities in the United States
- Significant ongoing contributions to the Asian/Asian American communities at Yale University
- Significant contributions to furthering knowledge/scholarship about the Asian/Asian American diaspora worldwide
- Values congruent with the AAAYA, AYA, and Yale — including service, scholarship, and leadership
- Behavior that is a model for future generations of Yale alumni
- Efforts to instill broad public value for diversity of cultural understanding
Process and Timing
The award for 2014 will be presented at the Yale Asian Alumni Reunion (April 11-13, 2014). The deadline for the submission of nominations is February 17, 2014.
To nominate yourself or someone you know, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Information:
- Your Name
- Degree & Year
- Your e-mail
- Your phone
- Nominee Information:
- Nominee Name (if different)
- Degree & Year or Yale Affiliation (position & rank, etc.)
- A statement of nomination that addresses the six criteria listed above – statement should not be longer than 500 words.
Before making a nomination, please ensure that the person nominated is willing to accept the award, if chosen, at the Alumni Reunion on April 11-13, 2014.