AAAYA NorCal: 5th Annual Yale Summer Potluck Picnic – Palo Alto, CA – Su 7/14 – Invite
AAAYA NorCal: 5th Annual Yale Summer Potluck Picnic – Palo Alto, CA – Su 7/14
The Northern California Chapter of the Association of Asian American Yale Alumni (AAAYA) would like to invite you and your family/friends to attend our 5th Annual Yale Summer Potluck Picnic — a fun event for alumni of all ages, local Yale Students home for the summer, and members of the Class of 2017.
This would be a great opportunity to network with friendly alums, meet old and new friends, and to provide a warm welcome to the pre-frosh/current students/graduating seniors. Children, parents and friends of Yalies are not only welcome, but are encouraged to join in the fun.
To see a recap and photos from a previous picnic, visit http://aaaya.org/events/aaaya-annual-summer-potluck-picnic-mitchell-park-palo-alto-sunday-july-15th-recap/
* Potluck Picnic at Mitchell Park, 600 East Meadow Drive in Palo Alto (see Google map) – Arbor picnic area within park (end of first parking area on right when entering from East Meadow Drive – walk behind 1st set of restrooms out to Arbor – see www.cityofpaloalto.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=8519 for park map)
* Sunday, July 14th, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* Bring a hearty appetizer or main dish to share
* AAAYA will provide paper plates, napkins, utensils, cups, water, hamburgers and veggie burgers.
* If you already own folding picnic/camping chairs and/or blankets, please bring them if convenient to supplement the picnic table seating capacity.
We hope you’ll be able to join us! Please sign up now. An early RSVP helps us tremendously in making this event a success. Spread the word and bring your friends.
RSVP now by visiting http://aaaya2013picnic.eventbrite.com, indicating the number in your party under QUANTITY and clicking the REGISTER button.
Those interested in helping out with follow up calls to personally invite the students and their families/friends to the Yale Summer Picnic, please contact me at (click here to reveal email address) and put “Yale Picnic Caller Volunteer” in the email subject line and in the body of the email let us know your contact info, how many calls you are willing to make, and what dates you are available to make these calls between now and the 7/14.
If you have any questions, please free to contact David Hsiao ’84 TD or Mu Young Lee ’92 JE at (click here to reveal email address), and indicate 2013 Summer Picnic in the subject line.
Mu Young Lee ’92 JE, President, AAAYA NorCal aaaya.org