AAAYA NorCal: Annual Picnic – Sa 7/17 – Palo Alto, CA – Invite
AAAYA NorCal Annual Picnic, Don Ramos Park, Palo Alto, Sat., July 17th
The Northern California Chapter of the Association of Asian American Yale Alumni (AAAYA) would like to invite you to our Annual Picnic — a fun event for alumni of all ages, local Yale Students home for the summer, and members of the Class of 2014. This would be a great opportunity to network with friendly alums, meet old and new friends, and to provide a warm welcome to the pre-frosh (and their parents) before they leave for New Haven. Children, parents and friends of Yalies are not only welcome, but are encouraged to join in the fun.
* Potluck Picinic at Don Ramos Park, 800 East Meadow mysugardaddysite Drive in Palo Alto (map)
* Saturday, July 17th, 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
* Bring a hearty appetizer or main dish to share
* We’ll have a volleyball net set up for a spirited game
If you already own folding picnic/camping chairs and/or blankets, please bring them if convenient to supplement the picnic table seating capacity.
Please RSVP now via our eventbrite link http://www.eventbrite.com/event/731684488. If you have any questions, please free to contact Harry Chang (click here to reveal email address).
We hope you’ll be able to join us! Please sign up early and please help spread the word and bring your friends.
To see a recap and photos from last year’s picnic visit http://aaaya.org/?p=825.
Harry Chang ’84 SY
President, AAAYA – Northern California Chapter
Interested in joining AAAYA? There is no membership fee, register now at http://aaaya.org/?page_id=3, fill in the form, and select “Northern California.”
Interested in helping out on AAAYA NorCal committees? Please contact Wayne Lew (AAAYA NorCal Volunteers Chair) at email@example.com and let Wayne know your interests, how you would like to become more involved and your contact info.
AAAYA VISION http://aaaya.org/?page_id=2
The Association of Asian American Yale Alumni (AAAYA) is a volunteer-run, membership based organization that provides a vehicle for Yale University alumni to promote the civic participation, leadership and service of Asian Americans and Asians at Yale and in the broader society.
It pursues its mission by developing programs on campus and in communities in need through the following types of activities:
* Support diversity and equal opportunity at Yale University
* Strengthen student-alumni programs such as student externships and Life-after-Yale
* Strengthen the leadership role and contributions of Asian American students and alumni at Yale and in society
* Advocate for and support Asian American studies at Yale
* Support student programs such as fellowships, internships, scholarships, prizes & volunteer opportunities
* Support the Yale Asian American Cultural Center and its programs and initiatives
* Support Asian American and other underserved communities through funded internships & other programs
* Help further Yale’s mission and place in the world
* Convene gatherings and conferences addressing issues of interest and concern to Alumni of Asian descent
* Strengthen ties with other Yale alumni groups, faculty and outstanding Asian American Yale alumni