AAAYA NorCal – Summer Happy Hour – Wed 6/24 in San Francisco – Invite
Hello Northern California Asian American alumni:
Come meet fellow Asian American Yalies at the AAAYA NorCal Summer Happy Hour in San Francisco. Unwind after work recession style with Roe’s happy hour specials in SOMA at this no host bar event. Happy hour specials include $4 mojitos and a small plates menu.
651 Howard Street (between 3rd Street & Hawthorne Street), San Francisco, CA
Wednesday, June 24
6 pm – 8 pm
Please sign up in advance at www.eventbrite.com/event/360466164.
We look forward to seeing you there! Please sign up early and please help spread the word and bring your friends.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Cindy Hwang (AAAYA NorCal Summer Happy Hour 2009 chair) at email@example.com with AAAYA NorCal Summer Happy Hour in the email subject line.
SUNDAY, JULY 12th — SAVE THE DATE for AAAYA NorCal’s Summer BBQ Picnic
Join us for a fun summer potluck picnic at Mitchell Park in Palo Alto. Meet fellow Yale alumni, current students, and pre-freshmen for home-cooked food, frisbee, softball, and engaging conversation.
Sunday, July 12th, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. badocams Details to follow.
Interested in joining AAAYA? There is no membership fee, register now at http://aaaya.org/?page_id=3 and select “Northern California” when filling in the form.
Interested in helping out on AAAYA NorCal committees? Please contact Wayne Lew (AAAYA NorCal Volunteers Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org and let Wayne know your interests, how you would like to become more involved and your contact info.
TENTATIVE CALENDAR OF EVENTS FOR AAAYA NORCAL
June 24th – AAAYA NorCal Summer Happy Hour at Roe Restaurant in San Francisco. Sign up at www.eventbrite.com/event/360466164
Summer – AAAYA NorCal Summer BBQ Picnic, July 12th, Mitchell Park in Palo Alto.
Fall – AAAYA NorCal fall event
Holiday – AAAYA NorCal holiday event
The Association of Asian American Yale Alumni (AAAYA) is a volunteer-run, membership based organization that provides a vehicle for Yale University alumni to promote the civic participation, leadership and service of Asian Americans and Asians at Yale and in the broader society.
It pursues its mission by developing programs on campus and in communities in need through the following types of activities:
* Support diversity and equal opportunity at Yale University
* Strengthen student-alumni programs such as student externships and Life-after-Yale
* Strengthen the leadership role and contributions of Asian American students and alumni at Yale and in society
* Advocate for and support Asian American studies at Yale
* Support student programs such as fellowships, internships, scholarships, prizes & volunteer opportunities
* Support the Yale Asian American Cultural Center and its programs and initiatives
* Support Asian American and other underserved communities through funded internships & other programs
* Help further Yale’s mission and place in the world
* Convene gatherings and conferences addressing issues of interest and concern to Alumni of Asian descent
* Strengthen ties with other Yale alumni groups, faculty and outstanding Asian American Yale alumni