AAAYA NorCal – Summer Potluck Picnic – Su 7/12 in Palo Alto – Invite
The Northern California chapter of the Association of Asian American Yale Alumni (AAAYA) would like to invite you to a fun summer event for alumni, other local Yale students, and members of the Class of 2013. This will be a great opportunity to network with friendly alums, meet old and new friends, and to provide a warm welcome to the pre-frosh before they leave for Yale.
Potluck picnic at Mitchell Park (Arbor Picnic Area), 600 East Meadow Drive in sugar daddy meet reviews Palo Alto
Mitchell Park picnic areas map www.cityofpaloalto.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=8519 (Once you take a left off of Middlefield Rd onto East Meadow Drive, about halfway down the block on the left will be the parking lot entrance to the Arbor Picnic Area.)
Sunday, July 12th, 11 am – 3 pm
Bring an appetizer or main dish to share. We’ll supply drinks, burgers, and dessert.
If you have softball equipment, bring it, and challenge the alums!
Please sign up in advance at www.eventbrite.com/event/365684773 by July 10.
We hope you’ll be able to join us! Please sign up early and please help spread the word and bring your friends.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Cindy Hwang (AAAYA NorCal Summer Picnic 2009 chair) at email@example.com with AAAYA NorCal Summer Picnic in email subject line.
Interested in joining AAAYA? There is no membership fee, register now at http://aaaya.org/?page_id=3, fill in the form, and select “Northern California.”
Interested in helping out on AAAYA NorCal committees? Please contact Wayne Lew (AAAYA NorCal Volunteers Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org and let Wayne know your interests, how you would like to become more involved and your contact info.
PRELIMINARY CALENDAR OF EVENTS FOR AAAYA NORCAL
July 12th – AAAYA NorCal Summer Potluck Picnic (Arbor Picnic Area), July 12th, Mitchell Park in Palo Alto. Sign up at www.eventbrite.com/event/365684773
* AAAYA NorCal – Curator Led Asian Art Exhibit Tour and Discussion Summer 2009 (Present Tense Biennial: Chinese Character art installation – perspectives on contemporary Chinese culture at Chinese Culture Center in San Francisco http://presenttense.us – late August)
* AAAYA NorCal – Yale Fall Happy Hour 2009 (fall).
Holiday – AAAYA NorCal holiday event
AAAYA NorCal Yale Summer Happy Hour at Roe Restaurant in San Francisco – Recap http://aaaya.org/?p=694
AAAYA NorCal – Yale Day of Service 2009 at Angel Island Immigration Station – Recap http://aaaya.org/?p=589
AAAYA NorCal – Spring Dinner & Yale Redpath Seminar “The Future of Asia” – Recap http://aaaya.org/?p=311
Feb. 5, 2009 Northern California AAAYA Gathering in SF http://aaaya.org/?p=177
“Ping Pong Playa” Special Screening with Co-Writer/Director Jessica Yu, ‘87 http://aaaya.org/?p=95
Bay Area Pan Asian Alumni BBQ http://aaaya.org/?p=92
AAAYA VISION http://aaaya.org/?page_id=2
The Association of Asian American Yale Alumni (AAAYA) is a volunteer-run, membership based organization that provides a vehicle for Yale University alumni to promote the civic participation, leadership and service of Asian Americans and Asians at Yale and in the broader society.
It pursues its mission by developing programs on campus and in communities in need through the following types of activities:
* Support diversity and equal opportunity at Yale University
* Strengthen student-alumni programs such as student externships and Life-after-Yale
* Strengthen the leadership role and contributions of Asian American students and alumni at Yale and in society
* Advocate for and support Asian American studies at Yale
* Support student programs such as fellowships, internships, scholarships, prizes & volunteer opportunities
* Support the Yale Asian American Cultural Center and its programs and initiatives
* Support Asian American and other underserved communities through funded internships & other programs
* Help further Yale’s mission and place in the world
* Convene gatherings and conferences addressing issues of interest and concern to Alumni of Asian descent
* Strengthen ties with other Yale alumni groups, faculty and outstanding Asian American Yale alumni